Beginners Courses - 2019
Portsdown is running three Beginner's Courses this year in March, April/May, and June /July 2019.
All four sessions must be attended to be eligible for the nationally recognised Certificate of Competence to be awarded on completion of your course. This Certificate is recogised by all registered Archery Clubs and is needed to insure your sports activity as an archer.
Beginners' courses are priced at £45 per person and include:
- Four separate sessions over a four week period 2pm to 4pm on Saturdays
- Instruction by trained coaches
- Use of Club Equipment
On completing the course all participants will take away:
- An understanding of the basic skills of Recurve Bow shooting (stance, stringing, aiming and releasing the arrow)
- The conduct you should adhere to when participating in in formal shoots.
- How to shoot safely in a Club environment.
- A Course Attendance Certificate (needed to get membership of any UK club and to get insurance).
Children (Juniors) are welcolme to participate in the Club's Courses from the age of 10 years.
As guided by Archery GB Portsdown has a Children and Vulnerable Adults policy. All juniors be they beginners or members must be accompanied throughout the Course and at Club Shoot days/evenings by a parent or responsible adult.
Our course coaches are CRB (child safety) Checked.
Please note places on our courses are subject to availability and to secure a place on one of our courses a deposit will be required.
NB. For the duration of the course, whilst on the PAC archery field, you must use our club archery equipment (Bows, arrows, strings etc.). Using your own equipment on our beginners course invalidates the terms of our insurance cover. We are, during the course, happy to check out and advise you on your equipment.