Beginners Courses - 2018
PAC's next Beginner's Course is in September.
On Saturday afternoons, on the following dates:-
Dates: September 8th, 15th, 22rd and 29th, October 6th, and 13th.
All Six Dates must be attended to complete the course and achieve a certification on completion
Beginners' courses are priced at £50 per person and include:
- Six separate sessions over a six week period 2pm to 4pm on Saturdays
- Coaching by trained staff
- Use of Club Equipment
On completing the course all participants will take away:
- An understanding of the basic skills of Recurve Bow shooting (stance, stringing, aiming and releasing the arrow)
- The conduct you should adhere to when participating in in formal shoots.
- How to shoot safely in a Club environment.
- A Course Attendance Certificate (needed to get membership of any UK club and to get insurance).
Children (Juniors) are welcolme to participate in the Club's Courses from the age of 10 years.
As guided by Archery GB Portsdown has a Children and Vulnerable Adults policy. All juniors be they beginners or members must be accompanied throughout the Course and at Club Shoot days/evenings by a parent or responsible adult.
Our course coaches are CRB (child safety) Checked.
Please note places on our courses are subject to availability and to secure a place on one of our courses a deposit will be required.
NB. If you participate in the course you MUST use our club equipment (Bows, strings, arrows etc.). We are happy to check out your pesonal equipment and give advice but PAC's insurance is invalidated for everyone if we let you use your own kit during training.